Many commentators suggest that the bus services should now become a thing of past. But is it possible to drop this service when a wide range of people commute via buses? It is one of the important modes of transport in any country. Middle-class people cannot afford to travel through private cabs on a daily basis. Buses give them the satisfaction of reaching the desired place within time and at an affordable price. Passenger bus services are provided in various countries including Mexico.
Principles followed by bus stations
- Flexibility: Flexibility is the basic principle that is to be provided to the passengers. People should be given the ability to travel to multiple areas with multiple trips. Buses with rigid timing and areas will not be able to appeal the passengers. New developments are made to fulfill the needs of passengers like on-demand services.
- Convenience: Convenience of the passenger should be the top most priority of any bus station. If the passenger has to wait for long hours, it deters people thinking about the buses. They must provide easy access and comfort to the customers.
- Safety: Buses are not limited to a certain group of people. It is for any person who is in search of a ride. It should have all the safety facility for the travelers whether it is men, women, handicapped, or any visually impaired person.
Facilities provided at bus stations
- Washrooms: All bus stations provide restroom services to travelers. They are clean and tidy. It can be used by the people waiting for the arrival of their bus or any other on-goer.
- Wifi: Many bus stations if not all have now been developed. They provide their customers with the facility of using free wifi. Certain executive buses provide wi-fi services even when on the bus.
- Lounges: Bus stations now provide waiting lounges for the convenience of the passengers holding tickets. Many waiting lounges provide passengers with tea and coffee.