The St. Valentine’s Day Menu at Restaurant Sinclair is like no other. The $50 prix fixe specialty menu features some excellent, international entrees and a “Little Gluttony” menu, featuring some sweets before the main course.
MAIN DISHES (and wine pairing options):
- cream of green asparagus with a spiced passion fruit crumble—optional wine pairing: 2013 Starborough Cellars Wines Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- Fresh Quebec crab prepared with coriander and citrus in a spicy mussels cream alongside a wakame salad—optional wine pairing: 2013 Domaine du Tariquet Famille Grassa “Side C” Fcotes of Biscay Seviac
- A cappuccino of Fingerling potatoes served with a wild mushroom duxelle and a black truffle oil emulsion—optional wine pairing: 2013 Raymond Wineries St. Helena “Lot N 5” Zin-Cab-Merlot-Syrah red blend
- Marinated Tataki red tuna served with a cardamom sour cream, fresh avocado and pearl onions—optional wine pairing: 2013 Vignobles Guy Saget & Fils “La Petite Perrier” Pinot Black Loire
- Quebec foie gras mousse served seasonal chutney, crunchy hazelnuts, and an Arabica reduction (add $3)–optional wine pairing: 2013 Vineyards AF Chaudiere “Castle Pesquie” Muscat-Beaumes-de-Venise
LITTLE GLUTTONY MENU (with wine pairings)
These are sweets you eat before the main course.
- Pan-seared Norwegian cod served with baby bok choy, a lemon confit, and marinated pineapple in a frothy almond milk—optional wine pairing: 2013 Michel Vineyard Chapoutiers Victoria Hills “Mathilda” Marsanne-Viognier
- Supreme guinea fowl with chorizo served with a celery puree, sauteed seasonal vegetables, and a spicy bergamot jus—optional wine pairing: 2012 A. Sophie Pic & Chapoutier Michel Vineyards Cotes du Rhone
- Fresh, “snake-style” Atlantic scallops with a lemongrass-infused shellfish bisque, Israeli couscous, and pickle ginger—optional wine pairing: 2011 McWilliams Winery “Hanwood Estate” New South Wales Riesling
- Canadian Black Angus filet mignon with a thyme and lemon carrot mousse and red-wine-braised cabbage (add $5)–optional wine pairing: 2013 Alto Maipo Pereze Cruz Bodegas Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva
- Half fresh lobster (cooked transulcent) served with an Arborio risotto with cuttlefish ink and a traditional champagne emulsion—optional wine pairing: 2013 Domaine Louis Latour Cotes d’Or White Burgundy
- a chef-inspired chocolate creation with ginger and berries—optional wine pairing: Cave of Abbe Rous “Domaine de Valcros” Banyuls Hors d’Age Montmirail