When it comes to rooftop bars, London is by no means short of them. This fantastic cosmopolitan city not only has a lot of rooftop bars, but it has some of the best that Europe, if not the world, has to offer. If you like the sound of seeing this wonderful city from a different angle, then it would be a fantastic idea to visit such a place. The venues in London vary in size, price, atmosphere and crowd, so you’ll have a wide variety of places to choose from to match your tastes. Here is a list of some of the city’s best rooftop bars:
- Skylight London: This venue is more than just a bar! If you were to visit Skylight London, you’d be able drink fantastic cocktails, eat some delicious food, and go ice skating on a roof with one of the most spectacular views of London’s skyscraper-studded skyline. This place is only open for a limited time slot, though – Thursdays to Sundays until the 27th of January.
- Aqua Nueva: This stylish bar is located on a rooftop above Regent Street, and you’ll be able to see many of the city’s famous landmarks from it. This place is open all year round, and has a fantastic list of cocktails to choose from. There is also an adjoining Japanese restaurant, if that may be to your fancy.
- The Golden Bee: This fantastic rooftop bar is located in fun-loving Shoreditch, and you’ll be able to pick from a long list of cocktails and martinis. There’s a club attached to this place which plays house music, so if that’s your thing, then this place may be worth a visit. It’s only open from Tuesday to Saturday, and you’ll be able to enjoy happy hour prices if you don’t come on Friday or Saturday.
- The Rooftop: Located on the roof of The Trafalgar St James Hotel, this place is an oasis of tranquility that you would not expect to find, considering the view. It almost feels as if the place is a secret. Look down onto Trafalgar Square, knowing that the view you’ve got of the place is much better than those below. This place is only open during winter, from Wednesdays to Sundays.
- Sanctum Soho Roof Terrace: This luxurious rooftop bar is home to a hot tub, comfy sofas, and some of the best cocktails that you’ll try in London. Although this fancy place is open year round, you’ll need to make a reservation if you’re not a resident of the Sanctum Soho hotel.
Whether you’re going to be in London with the family, or you’ll be on your own, it is always a good idea to consider apartment hotels. You’ll get the service of a hotel, with the relaxation of a home, and you’ll have access to your own kitchen too (which can be great as a family)! No matter the length of your stay in London, be sure to check out apart hotel in London.